About

A collection of thoughts about nature, life, and trying to achieve my dreams.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

National Coming Out Day

Today is National Coming Out Day.
I am straight, and although I think coming out day should be EVERY day, I think that this is a way for people to feel more sense of community and raise awareness, and I fully support that.

My brother is gay. More importantly, my brother is a great person, a role model, one of the smartest people I know, and a valuable friend and mentor. He is my big brother and I am happy to see him in a committed and loving relationship that makes him happy, regardless of whether the other person is male or female.

To all of my friends and family- gay, straight, or bi, I wish you nothing but the best in life and love, because everyone deserves to have someone they love to live out the rest of their life with.

No one should ever have to feel ashamed of their love- it is our purest emotion and one of the things that unites us as humans. So go out and love someone today. And if you need some help deciding on where to start, how about loving yourself?

2 comments: