About

A collection of thoughts about nature, life, and trying to achieve my dreams.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Far Too Much?

Oh, look at that. Aren't I clever? I used the name of my blog as the title to one of my posts because the subject matter is directly related to the reason behind the blog's name!

Anyway, I digress....

Once upon a time, I took one of those Meyers-Briggs Personality Profile tests. I don't remember my exact profile, but it told me that I am a super-enthusiastic person who gets really excited by new things and often abandons old interests when they get too dull.

This is fairly accurate, but sometimes I wonder if I don't do enough of the "letting go" part. I tend to be more of the type that just accumulates new interests and hobbies and extracurriculars all of the time, but I never give up old things to fit them in. Instead, I move my schedule around until I figure something out that sort of works, and end up exhausting myself in the process.

I had my orchestra concert last night, and my mom commented that I looked tired. I was quick to respond with "I'm not tired, I actually got a decent night's sleep last night!" and then jumped to a new topic of conversation.

Upon further reflection, I realized that my mom might be right. Although I haven't been physically tired lately, I think my 20-credit schedule and the enormity of my plans for the upcoming summer and school year are enough to make me feel exhausted just from thinking about how jam-packed my life is going to be.

Some might see this as a bad thing, and who knows, maybe one day it will catch up to me and I won't be able to deal with it anymore, but for right now, it's the way I like it. I've always been the type that needs to fill my time with activities in order to be productive at all, because if I have free time I'm apt to waste it. Spending half of my summer abroad will force me to avoid succumbing to the laziness of summer vacation for the second half, because there are other responsibilities I have to fulfill before the school year begins.

So I guess what I'm saying is, maybe being tired isn't such a bad thing. Tired, to me, means that I've accomplished something whether it's playing a game with friends or writing that term paper I've been putting off. As long as I remain asymptomatic of stress-related syndromes, I am going to keep on pushing the boundaries of time itself so that I can fit in all of the things that I want to do in a day, week, month, year, or lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment