About

A collection of thoughts about nature, life, and trying to achieve my dreams.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Introduction

Hi all!
If you're reading this, chances are you know me because I can't imagine many people will have found this on their own!
I made this blog to chronicle my adventures as I complete my undergraduate and graduate education on my path to becoming a conservation veterinarian!

The title of this blog was inspired by "The Circle of Life" lyric, "There's far too much to take in here/more to find than can ever be found." The Lion King is one of the first movies I remember seeing, and I am sure that it has influenced who I am today, as far as my enthusiasm for nature and animals goes. I think this line really captures the excitement I feel about the world- I am always looking for new ideas and activities to pursue! Don't get me wrong, I am very happy and grateful for everything I do have, but I have this unquenchable thirst for more (not so much in a material sense, although I do admit to enjoying a good shopping trip on occasion).

Amongst my favorite things are music (I'm always open to new bands!), animals/nature, horses/horseback riding, photography, reading (I don't have nearly as much time for this as I'd like), traveling, and cooking. Expect to hear about all (or most) of these things in future posts, depending on what my mood is for the day that I am posting.

The current background is a shot that I took of an egret at Sunken Meadow State Park, peeking through the marsh grasses. Sunken Meadow is one of my favorite locations for walking, napping in the sand, photographing wildlife, and even jogging if my motivation happens to reach that level, and I feel a deep connection with the environment there because I attended summer camp there for several years of my childhood.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I don't bore any of you too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment