About

A collection of thoughts about nature, life, and trying to achieve my dreams.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Whirlwind Summer

Wow, I can't believe it's August already! With all of my traveling, my summer has absolutely flown by, and now that I'm working 4 days a week, it certainly isn't slowing down any.
Costa Rica was an absolutely magical experience for me- I had so many amazing experiences there I can't even think of how to sum it up here. Luckily, I kept a journal, so in the future I will probably post some excerpts from that.

Part of our trip included a day tour at Fundacion Santuario Silvestre de Osa, a wonderful little wildlife sanctuary that has had tremendous success in the rehabilitation and release of animals such as scarlet macaws, several species of monkey, and even top predators like ocelots. The owner, Carol, is an inspiration, and was a very lovely woman to talk to. To learn more, visit their website here.

It's weird to think that less than a month ago, I was living with virtually no internet, absolutely no cell phone, and allowing my sleep patterns to follow those of the primates we were studying- early to bed and early to rise! It's really quite astonishing, how quickly we can assimilate back into both the perks and the drawbacks of this modern life.

The rest of my summer entails working long hours and trying to find a balance between the easy rhythm of tropical rainforest life and the hustle and bustle of suburbia. I'll be sure to post my progress here, although I can't guarantee any degree of regularity with posts- sometimes I just get sick of the internet and need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment